It’s that time of year, Christmas is only 10 days away and yet again I am in a panic. Rudolph is packed and ready to go and I still have shopping to do. It’s not that I haven’t been to the mall but I seem to wander aimlessly in hunt of the perfect gift. I can’t make up my mind whether it is the perfect gift or if I am just desperate.
How is your shopping going? Did you plan ahead? Did you avoid overspending?
Don’t despair! With some simple tips, you can still get your shopping done and avoid overspending.
1. Don’t panic, there are still a lot of deals available. So check out store web sites, watch for coupons and check circulars you receive in the mail.
2. Stick to a budget. It’s tempting to overspend, but remember you don’t want to still be paying off holiday charges in April.
3. Give the gift of your self. Offer to baby sit, cook dinner, do extra chores, or make your own gifts.
4. Shop online – many sites offer great deals and free shipping.
5. Buy gift cards – when you don’t know what to buy, one size fits all.
6. Make a donation to charity that is special to the recipient.
For more tips on how to avoid overspending visit Bankrate.com.
Good luck with your shopping and have a wonderful Holiday!